Friday, July 31, 2015

Thirty Days Gone

Thirty Days Gone

Thirty days gone
My hopes for tomorrow
Waking to an easier, less troublesome day
Ceasing to wake.

You were reliable
in an unreliable world,
full of broken promises
failed followups and empty words.

You were considerate
Always managing to find time for me
in a chaotic
stuck on fast-forward world.

You knew me
all my idiosyncrasies,
quirks, phobias and issues,
Saw through my facade,
accepted me as I was.

I taught you compassion.
You taught me perseverance.
I taught you tolerance.
You taught me determination.
I taught you how to relax.
You taught me how to not take myself so seriously.
I taught you patience.
You taught me about my strength.

A life that is lost too soon is inconceivable.
A best friend that is lost forever is unconscionable.

For Adam
June 13, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment